Sales Support Specialist, Market Advisory
Farmers Business Network
Farmers Business Network™ (FBN™) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN™ members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
The Sales Support position is responsible for the service, support, engagement and growth of all Market Advisory Light subscribers and FBN BR self directed brokerage accounts. This is also responsible for playing a support role to the Risk Management Advisors.
The Sales Support position is intended for someone that has demonstrated ability to operate independently, has a strong understanding of FBN’s risk management approach and is willing to provide support for the broader Crop Marketing team.
- Responsible for customer experience for all Market Advisory Light subscribers and Self Directed brokerage accounts (SD/Light).
- Become an internal expert on our market-leading Farm Marketing Risk Management and tracking software.
- Improve customer education and engagement with FBN crop marketing products and across the broader FBN framework.
- Collect and enter Light customer data to improve product value and recommendation relevance.
- Follow FBN directives regarding market research and risk profiles to help remind Light customers of appropriate risk positions both in their brokerage accounts and for their farm as a whole
- Manage margin and position risk across all Self Directed brokerage accounts.
- Execute brokerage obligations with speed, professionalism and above all accuracy, following all relevant compliance obligations.
- Maintain working relationships with FCM’s and maintain systems specific to clearing firms.
- Other responsibilities as defined by the direct manager.
- Deploy to the field on an as-needed basis from time to time
We're looking for confident, motivated, competitive, and innovative individuals with a strong work ethic and an appetite for big rewards. Desired characteristics/qualifications include:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a grain marketing role such as grain trading, merchandising, origination, or brokerage
- Possess or ability to obtain the Series 3 licensure (the National Commodities Futures Examination administered by FINRA)
- Fluency in futures, options, hedging, and risk management concepts and offerings
- Graduate with an Agronomy, Sales, Marketing, Business, and Economics-related bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Passionate about agriculture and farming; a desire to put the farmer first
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time