Senior E-Commerce Product Manager
Farmers Business Network
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
Senior Product Manager, E-Commerce Experience
As a Senior Product Manager on the e-commerce team, you will be responsible for envisioning and crafting digital experiences that help farmers purchase the right inputs for their farming and ranching operations with the goal of maximizing their prosperity. The products you develop will serve as reliable, objective and collaborative guides to our customers’ inputs purchasing journeys - resulting in deeper, technology-enabled relationships with our customers. The ecosystem you craft will empower key service providers in the agricultural landscape such as agronomists to collaborate closely with our customers. All of this value will be delivered to our various users in the simplest way possible at the junction of thoughtful design and rigorous prioritization. We want to do unprecedented things in the agriculture space in practical ways and therefore this role will be without precedence. You’ll be expected to ideate, build roadmaps, define requirements, and lead teams through to execution and launch in a highly ambiguous environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the end-to-end product life cycle including market needs, opportunity definition, roadmap, and requirements to develop FBN products with durable competitive advantage.
- Drive customer, competitive, and comparable research to identify unmet needs, product gaps, and inform prioritization decisions.
- Immerse yourself in how FBN customers experience our product, and how it can be made better. Conduct customer interviews to gather foundational insights and test out new product concepts.
- Craft the vision for agronomic, veterinary and nutrition science infused inputs purchasing experiences in partnership with stakeholders across FBN Direct. Work closely with other Product Managers to develop a seamless experience across the FBN portfolio. Balance the big picture in agricultural systems with the technical details of our data-rich applications.
- Own customer-backed metrics that lead to actionable insights and informed product decisions.
- Use rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate, and get it right.
- Work closely and transparently with cross-functional teams, including Design, Engineering, Logistics, Customer Experience, Marketing, Data Science and Sales to ensure seamless execution of your product strategy.
- 5+ years of software product management experience, ideally with at least 2 years in SMB, SaaS mid-market or enterprise software.
- 3+ years of experience delivering data-driven agronomic, veterinary or agricultural nutrition software products to market
- Ability to distill abstract issues into concrete problem statements. Ability to make things happen amidst ambiguity, complexity, and inter-dependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Experience framing needs, developing user stories, managing a backlog, and working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
- Demonstrated success in launching new products.
- High EQ, intuition and skills in communicating your strategy across the company, with end users, and other audiences.
- Comfortable using hypothesis-based experiments to deliver new features and optimize user experience.
- Own your own analysis - able to understand the data available and write sql queries.
- Personal initiative and self-starter mentality; thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering preferred.
- Experience working on a logistics SaaS product preferred.
- Candidates must be passionate about our mission to improve the lives of farmers.
- Remote work is possible for this role.