Farmers Business Network
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
The preferred locations for this position are CA, WA or ID
This is an inside sales role, working remotely from home with limited travel for trade shows and company meetings. The FBN Account Executive will be responsible for recruiting farmers and maintaining high grower satisfaction with FBN. They will also provide a seamless and highly differentiated crop input transaction experience while maintaining high grower sanctification with FBN from post-harvest conversations all the way to pre-season delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Achieve chemical sales goals (gross profit, revenue, etc.
- Understand a grower’s crop input needs throughout the season and forecast based on the seed and chemical projected sales/product needs.
- Develop a territory business plan to achieve objectives
- Promote the collection of data from farmer to build a successful crop protection and seed plan customized to the farmer’s needs
- Use Salesforce to manage, prioritize, and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Organize and manage sales events within the territory.
- Document and report suggestions farmers for process improvement
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Educate Farmers how to construct orders through FBN’s online platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- 2+ years experience selling products or services directly to farmers
- Ability to adhere to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of agriculture inputs required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Candidates must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision Ag Systems
- Background in Agronomy, including, but not limited to, the management and use of agronomic data.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- 5+ years sales experience in agriculture managing and exceeding monthly and annual quotas selling directly to farmers.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background.
- Experience with Salesforce is nice to have but not required
- Cross-functional experience working across the enterprise.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.