Farmers Business Network
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
We are looking for a diligent, organized, hard-working candidate who will help be responsible for management of chemical, feed, animal health and pharmaceutical inventory for a central distribution warehouse. The Warehouse Worker oversees all the functions of the warehouse and ensures smooth operations of warehouse activities.
- This is a floor position, and will involve physical movement of product along with potential future supervisory duties.
- Adhering to the compliance of all legal and safety procedures.
- Managing the inventory and work areas including: receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment.
- Ensuring correct orders are staged and ready for delivery
- Safe operation of all equipment
- Coordinate intake of inventory between shipper, transportation, and receiver.
- Complete regular inventory cycle counts
- Coordinate outflow of inventory delivered to farmers between sales staff, customers, and logistics
- Comply with warehousing rules and regulations as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver inventory into loading and unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years working experience in a warehouse or equivalent experience
- Proven work experience managing inventory
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Should have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and decision making
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company
- Clean/Pass DOT drug/alcohol and physical
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or relevant hands on work experience
- Certified, or ability to be certified on equipment (forklift, etc)
- Hazmat endorsement
- Acceptable incident history
- Comply with safety regulations
- Ability to safely handle equipment used to physically move inventory
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)