Sustainability Program Lead
Farmers Business Network
Remote position (Preferably in Chicago, Sioux Falls, or Midwest territory)
Farmers Business Network® (FBN®) is on a mission to power the prosperity of family farmers and rural communities around the world, transforming how the world farms with an integrated, technology-enabled agricultural platform.
We offer high ROI farm inputs, fintech and sustainability products and services powered by network data, and farm-tested insights from our global farmer community. Our platform helps FBN® members make confident decisions to ensure the economic viability of their farms, while also empowering them to be a part of the solution as the global community confronts its most pressing issues: providing food security for a growing population, transitioning to more sustainable agriculture, and responding to climate change.
We are a dynamic, innovative, and mission-driven AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as boundless career mobility. We are backed by top investors, including Fidelity, ADM, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek. We have been featured in these articles by the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, and were also named "One of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World" by Fast Company Magazine.
FBN's Sustainability business is revolutionizing sustainable agriculture by putting farmers first. Our business assists members implementing practices that protect and enhance soil health for generations to come and also secures preferential market access and premiums for their grains. FBN Sustainability has signed partnerships with marque buying organizations across the food, ethanol, and animal feed industries who want to promote sustainable practices in farms across the US. The regenerative practices we promote include reducing tillage, planting cover crops, applying nitrogen with precision, and maximizing yields through optimized seed selection. Outcomes we strive to achieve are increased nitrogen efficiency, reduced carbon emissions, reduced soil runoff, enhanced water quality and water security, and improved long-term profitability.
We are looking for a Sustainability Program Lead to join the rapidly growing Sustainability team as we roll out several groundbreaking programs. This role will run operations for current projects and lay the foundation for the future of the business. This role will largely focus on recruiting members to join premium grain programs, collecting data from members about production practices and outcomes, and building business systems for growth.
- Provide a great customer experience to farmers enrolled in a sustainability program. This includes farmer outreach via email, phone, and in-person meetings, working with farmers to gather the required farm information, and helping farmers understand the impact of sustainable agriculture.
- Work with FBN partners (usually local grain buyers) to manage farmers in a region and ensure that sustainability programs are maximized throughout a territory.
- Help farmers learn about Farmers Business Network and how other FBN business lines can help their farm.
- Work with the FBN product and data science team to help guide the development of new tools to make sustainable agriculture more accessible to farmers.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, environmental science, agronomy, or related fields plus experience in customer success, customer experience, lead generation, or sales; or 4 years of precision agriculture, sales, customer success, hands-on operational management, or consulting experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills in addition to being highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, constantly improving, accountable team structure.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in agriculture, environmental science, agronomy, or related fields plus 3 years of precision agriculture, customer success, hands-on operational management, or consulting experience.
- Commanding domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, sustainability, and retail or input sales.
- Multi-generational farm, farm hand or farm related background.
- Experience balancing execution, agility and culture at a fast growing business.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. The compensation package is a blend of base pay and incentives. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.
Beyond Base Pay, FBN also offers all full-time/permanent employees competitive total compensation packages that include equity compensation, paid holidays plus an additional floating holiday, work flexibility including paid time off and remote work if your role is eligible, parental leave, benefits including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, wellbeing, short & long term disability, life insurance, 401k, HSA employer contributions, and more.