Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Immunology
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
GenEdit is an early-stage company committed to the discovery and development of innovative genetic medicines through a proprietary and novel delivery platform. With our team’s collective expertise, we are advancing novel therapies, ushering in a new era of genetic medicine which can edit out disease and rewrite patient health. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and are expanding across all functions within the organization in the near future.
GenEdit is seeking a highly self-motivated, multi-talented and goal-oriented Research Associate/Sr Research Associate/Associate Scientist with hands-on experience in performing the cell-based assays using mammalian immune, primary cells and cell lines. The position will be responsible for characterizing GenEdit’s novel polymer nanoparticles across a wide array of cell types to deliver genetic medicines, including mRNA, siRNA, and Cas9. The successful candidate will have experience handling multiple types of mammalian cell cultures, for example Immune cells, PBMC,HSPC, neural cells, and will have experience performing various microplate-based assays, such as viability/toxicity, fluorescence, luminescence, and automated microscopy. Characterization of payload activity will include molecular biological methods such as the nucleic acid extraction, PCR, RT-qPCR, and immunoassays such as ELISA, ELISpot, Flow cytometry and Western Blot. This position will work cooperatively with multidisciplinary teams, keep detailed and organized lab records, and present results at team meetings.
Under the direction of the project leader/immunology manager, this lab-based position will work closely with colleagues on project teams advancing our novel gene delivery system for therapeutic applications in immune-based diseases.
Desired Skill Sets:
● Experience with cell culture/characterization of various immune cells (DC, Macrophages) and primary cells (PBMC, iPSC, HSPC) and neural cells.
● Experience with multicolor Flow Cytometry
● Experience with molecular and cellular biology techniques such as DNA, RNA and Protein extraction and purification, Electrophoresis, Primer design, PCR, Real Time-qPCR, DNA sequence analysis, ELISA, ELISpot and Western Blot
● Experience with microplate cell-based assays, in vitro screening, immunocytochemistry, cytotoxicity assay, and quantitative microscopy
● Experience with Prism and FlowJo for data analysis
● Excellent written and oral communications skills a plus familiarity with SOP writing
● Excellent organization and use of network drives
● Ability to execute on standard operating procedures with accuracy and precision
● A creative and proactive approach to problem-solving.
Education and Qualifications:
● Bachelor or Master’s degree Immunology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related subject with 1-2 years (For Technician/RA), 2-3 years (for Senior RA), and 3-4 years (for Associate Scientist) of scientific/pharma/academic research experience
● >2 years wet lab research experience in Immunology
● Work authorization in the US is required
At GenEdit we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, and the world.