Sr. DevOps Engineer - LATAM
Latambarcem, Goa, India
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
At WorkRamp, we believe that the best companies grow through learning. That’s why hundreds of market leaders such as Box, Lattice, and Outreach choose the Learning Cloud to power employee and customer learning. Boost employee performance, grow revenue, and scale customer success with WorkRamp. Learn more by visiting workramp.com.
🙌 Why WorkRamp?
-Recently raised a $40M Series C led by Salesforce Ventures, Slack Fund, and Susa Ventures
-Ranked #1 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces in Bay Area™ List
-Ranked #5 on 2023 Fortune Best Workplaces™ for Millennials List
-Named Among Best Workplaces in Software by Inc. Magazine for 2022
-G2’s 2023 Best Software Awards: Top 50 Best Products for Mid-Market
-G2’s 2023 Best Software Awards: Top 100 Highest Satisfaction Products
-Ranked #856 on this year’s Inc. Magazine 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America
-Made #9 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Women™ list 2022
-Mogul’s Top 100 Companies with Inclusive Benefits in 2022
-Great Place to Work® Certified August 2022-August 2023
-Named a 2022 & 2023 Y Combinator Top Company
-#1 Top-Rated LMS by The Motley Fool
-JMP Securities Hot 100 Startups: The best privately held software companies 2022
-Otta’s ROCKET LIST 2022: 100 of the fastest-growing companies to accelerate your career
-#1 on Inc's 2021 Best Workplaces List for Startups
-Fortune's Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2021
-Top 100 fastest-growing SaaS companies of 2020 by SaaS Mag
We're an experienced enterprise team with members that have been part of the early engineering function at SaaS companies, like Box and Mixpanel. We move extremely quickly and are constantly pushing each other to release early and often.
⚡️Eng Team Highlights
- Strong focus on internal/upward mobility - always look to promote from within prior to external hiring efforts, clear growth frameworks/promotion paths that are based on measurable, attainable goals.
- We embrace our “Always Be Improving” and “Operational Excellence” values on a daily basis, whether it's adding/eliminating processes to help us move faster or automating existing processes to reduce cognitive load and let us focus on building.
- We are also an incredibly agile and growth-oriented team. You will truly be able to carve out your own career path here and be able to work for a leadership team that will truly support that growth by giving you projects and work to dedicate to your development.
- Collaborative environment - firm believers in no one or no idea is too big or too small to be heard. Whether or not you’re a member of one of our many guilds (architecture, security, frontend, to name a few), we empower all of our teammates to have a voice and know that their opinions and voices are heard, valued, and respected.
- Our semi-annual hackathons bring together more than half the company working on passion projects for three fun and swag-filled days. A cultural staple of our company, we take it a step further by working to greenlight as many projects as possible to get finished and pushed to production. It's not uncommon for 60 - 75% of projects to get completed and pushed to production.
🔧 What will I be doing?
- Manage and support WorkRamp’s AWS cloud infrastructure
- Design, implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines for efficient and automated software delivery
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to understand project requirements and ensure optimal DevOps solutions
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as AWS CDK, Terraform, and Ansible to manage and provision infrastructure
- Manage and optimize AWS cloud networking, including VPN configuration, ECS, RDS, and CloudFront deployment
- Implement and manage Docker containers for scalable and portable applications
- Configure and manage container orchestration using ECS
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance using Datadog, addressing issues to maintain system reliability
- Lead on-call rotations and incident management, ensuring timely resolution and documentation.
Our tech stack consists of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Webpacker and ReactJS
- RSpec, RuboCop, Brakeman
- AWS CDK, Terraform, and Ansible
💡 What skills do I need?
- Strong desire to work at an early-stage startup
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer, preferably in a senior role
- Able to take on very complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persevere towards a robust solution
- Extensive knowledge of AWS services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as AWS CDK, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience with Docker and containerization for scalable and portable applications. Prior ECS experience is a huge plus
- Solid understanding of security and compliance best practices
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools, particularly Datadog
- Expert time-management and prioritization within a fast-paced environment
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- A good communicator and facilitate teamwork via good documentation practices
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with scripting languages such as Ruby and Python is a plus
- Work from anywhere within LATAM
- Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Womxn of WorkRamp, WorkRamp Asian/Pacific Islander, WorkRamp Afro-xxx/African-American/Black, LGBTQties, Juntos Latinx, WorkRamp Pride)
-Access to benefits via our EOR (Employer of Record)
- This role is fully remote and can be based anywhere in LATAM
- At this time, WorkRamp does not sponsor work visas to work in the United States and utilizes a separate Employer of Record to hire within LATAM.
-While hired via a different Employer of Record, all new hires will be treated as normal members of the WorkRamp team
Not sure if you should apply?
Find yourself checking some of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At WorkRamp, we are committed to creating the most talented, diverse workforce, supporting a growth mindset for our team members through all stages of their careers. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we’d love to hear from you! As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.